OPTimum’s Identity Proofing stops organized fraud in its tracks. Quickly and accurately validate if a person is who they claim to be. The OPTimum solution crossmatches the individual’s driver’s license or state issued ID against the national Drivers’ License Data Verification Service.
Using a mobile device or desktop computer with a camera, the Unemployment Insurance applicant scans the barcode on the back of their license or ID. The detailed information in that bar code containing up to 17 data elements is immediately matched against the national repository to verify the person’s identity.
The live scan proves in real time that the individual has a state issued Identification in their possession. The process is quick and easy having minimal impact on legitimate claimants and the initial claim filing process. As Fraudsters rely on stolen data, and do not have a physical ID, this will absolutely stop the Fraud.
Additionally, the Identity Proofing tool includes “anti-replay” technology to ensure that the authentication request is valid and not a replay of any previous request.
Verification of Identity During Initial Claim Filing
Inserting the Identity Proofing check at this point in the process denies the fraudsters the ability to set the claim process in motion without agent intervention. Without a valid ID, states will let the individual file a claim however, no benefits will be authorized without an agent or adjudicator verifying the claimant’s identity through a one-on-one interview. Ideally lacking the physical ID document in their possession will deter the fraudster from completing the initial claim filing application.
Verification of Identity During Continued Claim Filing
Inserting a one-time identity proofing check to your existing continued claims denies fraudsters who have already established claims to continue the fraudulent claim. Without a successful ID Verification, the claim would be stopped.
Verification of Identity Through a Follow-up with an Adjudicator or Investigator
The OPTimum Identity Proofing Solution provides an on-demand tool agents, adjudicators, or investigator can use at any time during the review of a claim. Batch capabilities allows agencies to target individuals or specific segments of their claim population.
The OPTimum Integrity Cloud is designed to allow the Identity Proofing layer to be readily hosted in a cloud solution on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) FedRamp certified GovCloud environment or “on-premises”, including a state’s public or private cloud solution. OPTimum AWS hosted cloud solutions can be spun-up quickly and securely. The OnPoint cloud environment can scale quickly as the state claims load increases. If an on-premise deployment is preferred, the OnPoint technical team will work with the state team or IaaS provider to size and set up the required environments quickly and efficiently with the required knowledge transfer.
SWA’s can have an instance of On Point’s Identity Proofing application activated and stopping fraud within days. The OPTimum Integrity Cloud suite was architected with the ability for a rapid deployment within a state workforce agency. Month long implementations are a thing of the past.
- The solution uses a trusted reliable national data source.
- Validates up to 17 different data elements including: First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Identification Number, Issue Date, Expiration Date, Address, Eye Color, Sex, Height, Weight, Date and Location of where license was issued.
- One element check vs all matching provides a stronger level of confidence that you know your claimant.
- Requires individuals to perform a live physical task using a document in their possession.
- Provides a near impossible hurdle for sophisticated groups like “Scattered Canary” to carry out mass fraud schemes.
- All data is encrypted at rest and in transit, ensuring all PII is secure throughout the Identity Proofing process.
- All Identity Proofing transactions are completely transient so that no PII is persisted in the system. No data is retained.
- The solution is a stand-alone tool that can be implemented to solve for many use cases from account creation, to agency staff requiring Identity proofing as part of issue resolution.
- The bar code scanning process is easy to execute and presents less of a barrier to legitimate claimants than other systems that ask individuals detailed questions about their past.
- Fake ID detection.
Fraud continues at record levels while trust funds are dangerously low and being depleted at an unprecedented rate. OPTimum Integrity cloud will have an immediate impact on stopping fraud. Book a virtual demonstration today by calling 866.482.0189 or emailing email@example.com. We look forward to demonstrating how the OPTimum Integrity Cloud can help transform fraud detection in your state.
STATE A – Benefits and Tax ID Theft FraudX
— During a controlled pilot and estimate
$2,500,000 of potential Overpayments were detected
$19,000,000 OP overpayments prevented
Put Our Expertise To Work For You
From Business Process Analysis to Data Migration,
we have a full range of services to help deliver the highest return.