On Point Technology, LLC recognized with 2016 UI Integrity Award
Kansas City, Missouri — June 23, 2016 — Mike Lorsbach, founder of On Point Technology, has been a national leader for UI Integrity for decades and was recognized as the 2016 UI Integrity Award Recipient. Each year the UWC honors an individual who has demonstrated outstanding contributions in research, public policy, UI system integrity and commitment to preserving the integrity of the unemployment system. The award was announced during the recognition ceremony at the 35th Annual National UI Issues conference in Kansas City, Missouri.
Over 25 years ago Mike Lorsbach left the Illinois Department of Employment Security to start On Point Technology. Starting up a company to address UI Integrity issues was difficult, but Mike recognized the need for new solutions to detect fraud and to prevent fraud. Over the years the mission of the company and his determination have been constant, to provide the United States Unemployment Insurance Community with the highest quality, most effective technology services and software applications.
Mike’s accomplishments in his 25 years of service to the UI community include:
- Technology solutions to stop fraud and collect past due debt in 21 State Workforce Agencies (SWA). On Point has a 100% success rate in deployment of those systems
- Testimony on UI integrity issues before Congress
- Development of a solution to prevent identity theft, fictitious employer and third party organized fraud schemes. In one state alone in 2015, these solutions prevented over $50 million in payments that would otherwise be directly charged to employers and the state trust fund
- Establishing On Point Technology as a leading solution provider to UI agencies (per a 2015 survey of SWAs published by NASWA and the Integrity Center of Excellence)
- The development of the online real-time GUIDE benefit payment system, with an unbroken record of more than 16 years having never missed a night’s processing and payment of benefits
- Development of products which have, over the length of Mike’s career in UI, recaptured over $4 billion in improper payments for state agencies, saving employers large amounts in direct charges and pooled costs
- Support for UWC in the development of policy and sponsoring the National UI Issues conference hosted by UWC’s National Foundation for Unemployment Compensation and Workers’ Compensation
We congratulate Mike Lorsbach in being recognized with the 2016 UI Integrity Award.