We currently have the following open positions:
Senior .NET Developer
This individual will report to the On Point Technology, LLC. Director of Engineering. As a member of the engineering team, you will focus on application enhancement and maintenance – providing practical programming and technology implementation for our customers. Additionally, you will be part of a team creating new applications using the most current technology tools. A successful candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to ensure technical solutions are clearly communicated and understood by all relevant stakeholders. You must also have a willingness to mentor other junior developers on the team.
- Lead or participate in the architecture of software products and solutions
- Contribute to overall application and technical strategies
- Coach software engineers in the development of application solutions
- Provide continuity in all major application solutions decisions
- Assume a leadership role in establishing and insuring best practices and create/update technical standards and blueprints
- Lead technical design review sessions with the development teams
- Lead code review sessions with the development teams
- Assure that architectural designs meet requirements for scalability, reuse, performance, security, and quality
- Seek and capitalize on the opportunities to improve productivity, improving time-to-market, improving solutions quality, and improving cost effectiveness
- Serves as a technical subject matter expert
- Communicates status and updates to all project stakeholders regularly
- Complete all tasks related to analysis, building, unit testing, quality assurance, system test and implementation in accordance with the IT development life cycle
- Act as lead technical resource, overseeing the technical responsibilities of other development resources
- Modify and/or update software by adhering to new user requests, processing changes and/or enhancements.
- Perform troubleshooting, analysis and resolution of critical applications
- Build and test system components or amendments
- Conform to documentation, coding and quality standards as defined
- Review, discuss, and work within agreed timeframes and provide feedback to managers on any variances arising as tasks are performed
- Prepare for and support user acceptance testing
- Prepare all necessary documentation and processes to enable ongoing support of the systems
- Perform peer reviews on program code, test cases, and unit test results as required. Ensuring high quality deliverables is essential.
- Assist in the creation, execution, and documentation of test scripts to ensure the application or technical environment meets performance requirements (technical, functional and user interface).
- Communicate with customers, supervisors and management using clear, user-friendly terminology (emails, phone, meetings, etc.)
- Assist project and line managers in producing estimates for the development phase of projects and enhancements
- Adept at handling multiple assignments and responsibilities simultaneously and adjusting priorities as necessary while delivering a quality product with limited guidance.
- 5+ years of application program development experience working with development teams on the construction, deployment, and testing of web based applications (.NET).
- Involvement in all phases of the systems development life cycle.
- Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods
- Strong relational database design experience (Microsoft SQL); ability to write SQL queries.
- Experience with development and source management tools (Visual Studio).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, specifically Excel, Word, Access, or related products
- Familiar with design patterns
- Good experience with UML
- Familiar with OOA, OOD, and OOP.
- Familiar with Windows/Windows Server, IIS, Windows services, Batch/Power Shell scripting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, as you must articulate analysis and designs concepts, issues and concerns, identify risks and prepare necessary documentation.
- Solid experience of working in teams
- Knowledge of unemployment insurance (UI) legislation desirable.
Diversity & Inclusion: On Point Technology strives to attract and retain the best people and provide an environment where they can all develop professionally and build a rewarding career. As a result, we have an environment rich in diversity that acknowledges each individual’s uniqueness, values his or her skills and contributions, and promotes respect, personal achievement and stewardship.
Benefits: On Point Technology employees may participate in a variety of benefit programs, and make choices based on individual needs and interests, including:
- Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Prescription Drugs, Dental and Vision)
- Income Protection Plan (Life and Disability Coverage)
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare and Dependent Custodial Care)
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Benefit Waiver Allowance
- Paid Time-Off
Other Information: No search firms or employment agencies
To apply for a position, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources and referencing your position title of interest. Any Applicant who is interested in this position may apply by email or regular mail to:
On Point Technology, LLC
ATTN: Human Resources
1515 West 22nd Street, Suite 900
Oak Brook, IL 60523